Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adding a cab to a combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Evilash, May 7, 2004.

1. Evilash

Evilash

Mar 12, 2004
    I have a Fender Bassman 100 combo amp and I was thinking of getting a cab for some reinforcement. But I"m not sure what to get. I was thinking of 2x12". I'm just not sure on what the power of my output is. My amp manual is a little sketchy on that part. Could nyone help me out, and give me some suggestions. Thanks.

2. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    Hi Evilash. From what I can gather at http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?op=3&partno=0224503000 the Bassman 100 doesn't support an extension speaker. Since the included driver is already at 4 ohms this seems even more certain.

The amp does have line-out (suitable for sending to a tuner, for instance) and a DI (to send to a mixing board, for instance).

3. I second that. I also have a Bassman 100 and I bought a 4X10 to hook it up. Then I found that I could not run the combo thru the cab :crying: . So what I did was by a head for the cab :D . What I found out later was that the Bassman 60 is able to hook up to an extension speaker but not he 100. Figure that one out :meh: . Oh well the speaker in my 100 is blown anyway.

4. Say, that reminds me...

Does anyone have opinions/experiences with generic replacement speakers? My Bassman 100 is usually used for practicing, jamming with other friends, and the occasional acoustic gig. I have a bigger rig for the real band applications. Should I break down and get a new Fender replacement 15"? What is the quality of generic speakers?
    :help:

5. I recently purchased a Fender Rumble 100 Combo. Can I get a cab for some reinforcement using this combo?

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    No. According to the Fender specs, this combo runs through 4 ohms, and the inside speaker is already 4 ohms. And there is no external speaker output on this combo...

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    The bassman 60 is a monitor, thats it's job. :D

8. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Is the same true of my Ampeg Rocket 100? It has no extension speaker jack. If this is the case, howe could i hook it up to another amp as i have one im thinking of getting fixed.
    Thanks!

9. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I dont think you can but if it has line out you can hook it up to PA system.

10. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Sorry to shanghai this thread, but it does not have a line out.
    Does have a headphone out.
    In the old days, we would just plug a second amp into the second input but now with they have an in for preamped and nonpreamped and im wary of the whole idea.

11. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    If we're talking about the B100R, just beside the phones out there's a line out...

12. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Ok, thanks, I was posting from work and memory.