Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adding a cabinett (EBS NEO)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by optic, Mar 14, 2006.

1. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Wow, been a long time since I posted here, but here goes.

At the moment, I have a bass force xxl, 1*15 at 300 watt.
    I feel that I could use a another cabinett, preferbly a 1*10 or a 1*12 considering my economical situation.

I have become very intrested in EBS NEO series, so Im considering either EBS NEO-110 or the EBS NEO-112 and I wonder what you guys recommend?

Im into a alot of funk, jamiroquai, tower of power, and ofcourse play in a funkband. I play on a
    Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 4.
    My playingstyle includes taping, slapping, fingerfunk a la tower of power.

So, what do you think? Would it be a good add-on to my bassforce xxl? Is it even worth investing more money?

2. Calif De Funk

Calif De Funk Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Sweden
    I would go for Ebs Neo112. It would be a perfekt addition to your rig, but for a smaller gig it is definetely suitable as a single box, beside they only weigh 11 kg! Talk to Kimo at Jam in Stockholm.

3. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    I was actually gonna give him a call tonight :)

But why a 1*12 and not a 1*10?
    What will the difference be?

4. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Never tried the 110, but I own two Neo 112, and are very happy with them. If you feed them with enough power, they can go pretty loud. The 112 should be a perfect add to your 15".

5. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    But why is the 112 "more" perfect than the 110?
    What will the difference be in sound

6. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    I dont know if the 112 is better for you than the 110, you have to try them both. Generally the 12" will have a little more low midrange/bottom than a 10", I like that. IMO the 12" give me the punch and the low end that I need, plus its still fast enough. The EBS Neo 112 is not as bottom heavy as feks the Aguilar 112, so it will fill out the midrange pretty nice.

7. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Well, the thing is that I already have alot of bottom since I got a Bassforce xxl 1'15 :D

8. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    more oppinions please =/

9. teotmb

teotmb

Aug 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    I have been using a NEO 110 for about 4 month now. The only "advantages" over the 112 is that it weighs 1kg less and is a little bit smaller. But since the 112 is already realy lightweight and small...

Build quality is excellent and you can easily carry it with one hand over longer distances.

Though I never tried a 112 I think both cab´s will fit your style of music perfectly (as additional cabs). The 110 is voiced very modern and with the tweeter you can dial in more highs than anyone ever could possibly need. But even with the tweeter turned down this cab is pretty bright to my ears.

edit: btw. how much are these cabs in sweden?

10. Larzon

Larzon

Jan 15, 2005
    Go with the Neo 112! it's very tight, fast and punchy.
    I have the EBS Neo 212 and it's almost as tight as a 4x10.

Som sagt, snacka med Kimmo.

11. Larzon

Larzon

Jan 15, 2005
    EBS Neo 110 = $ 750
    EBS Neo 112 = $ 770

12. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks for the advice guys!
    I think I will go for the 110, since I already turn down the mids quite a bit, but turn up the treble.
    Hopefully the 110 will color my bass-sound quite nicely, since I combine it with my Bassforce XXL 115