1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding a dry blend pot?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spego, Oct 23, 2013.

1. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    I'm no electrical guru but I know my way around a soldering iron. I'm looking to take my Turbo Rat and add a dry blend pot in it. There is enough room.....however what do I need to make it work? I've read previous postings saying it's pretty easy....but never saw any pics or parts lists of what is needed to do it. I'm sure I could put it together just need to know what I need and where to place it in the circuit. If it's more complex than that I might just send it out to someone and have it done.

Any help from someone that has done this? What did you use and was it easy? Got pics?

Thanks

2. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    FYI I have been using a LS2.....but looking to just save some real estate and use one pedal. Plus the Rat is true bypass.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  4. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    Space is almost always the issue with this mod, and the reason most just resort to a separate pedal. The physical space is usually tight then you run into trying to solder around other components and wiring and it can get a bit messy... If you pull it off, take some gut shots and post 'em.

5. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    Will do.....let me see if I can make head or tails out of this.

To me this looks the easiest.....not sure if there is any reason it wouldn't work - http://seanm.ca/stomp/minblend.html

6. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    I was able to wire this blend up inside the rat........I'm really digging it now. I also added the trim pot mod I found online too.....that made quite a difference as well. I had to get Sean (the webmaster of the site where the blend is posted) to help me out a bit as I didn't have a FET transistor but only traditional transistors......so he sent me the updated cap/resistor values. Very helpful. Anyway if I take it apart I'll get some shots.....though not real pretty.......it works though. :)

7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i ordered my rat tail with a blend pot, glad to hear it worked out well for you