Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

adding a jensen DI to my vtbp-201. possible?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Oct 19, 2003.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i wrote demeter tech support asking and am still awaiting their response... anyone know if it is possible to purchase one separatly? it has the switches on the back for ground lift and pre/post eq and a capped round space for the xlr output... i would most likely have it wired by bob at the bass palace... i'm not particularly worried about warranty issues as i trust him with my life and this thing is built like a tank and i don't see it failing anytime soon. ;) all help is appreciated.
    :bassist:

2. Hi Joe,
    I've got the 201s with the Jensen and it's great.
    If I were you I would just get a good DI with the Jensen like a Radial JDI. I've seen them new for $150.00 everyone else charges $200.00. I'm sure there are other brands that might be cheaper. That way you've alway got a good di and no soundguy can disput it's quality. I get sound people telling me I have to use their's just because. I tell them I have a Jensen in my pre, but some don't care. I don't want to piss them off. I'm eventually going to get a JDI to pull out of my gig bag and point it at them as if it were a Baretta 9mm. :D

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    of course what demeter says is the final word but i would imagine that the unit is set up to accomedate the jensen di right off the bat
    it was offered as an option so i cant see the layout being dissimilar in the 201 with or without the di
    ps - get the di, i have an internal one in my 201 and she rocks

4. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I bought my demeter used and the guy didn't know if it has the Jensen or not. It does have DI, but how can I tell if it has the Jensen transformer?

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i'm fairly certain that it is set up to accomodate it, i was more wondering if it could be purchased separately and if anyone here has actually had it done...
    thanks for the replies guys, keep 'em coming! ;) :D

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'm pretty sure that the only di offered in the demeter amp was the jensen
    the h series preamp is not a jensen, but thats a different animal altogether

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Word. I've been using a JDI for several months, and NOTHING says "shut the hell up" to the sound man like pulling one of these out of your bag. Complete respect, 'nuff said . . .