1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding a mudbucker to my Jag ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RumblinThunder, May 3, 2010.

1. RumblinThunder

RumblinThunder

Aug 11, 2009
    Watching this video on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7xP9CyCCyc
    I find myself wanting a mudbucker.
    Since I dont use the active circuit on the Jag I was thinking I could use the bass/treble pots as vol/tone and the active/passive switch as series/parallel .
    Any pros/cons on this mod? (routing/stringpull etc)
    Please advice
    Thanx

2. I doubt there will be any string pull issue. Your mod sounds excellent to me, just make sure you allow for selectability of all pickup combinations (neck; middle; bridge; neck + middle; middle + bridge; neck + bridge; neck + middle + bridge). Such a Jaguar beast would be amazing!!!!

3. rez

rez

Oct 15, 2009
    I want to put a 51p pup in a mud position on my sx jazz, but I am way too lazy to find out if that would even sound okay nevertheless do the operation.

4. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    JMJ from Nine Inch Nails was using a Jag with a P pickup in the neck position.

5. hall1k

hall1k

Jun 14, 2009
    Yeah, I wish Fender's 5-way selector on their guitar models was a 7-way. [NERDTALK] Keep in mind that there are 2^n different combinations of pickups, where n is the number of pickups, minus 1 for the combination where all pickups are off, since that one's not very useful.[/NERDTALK]