1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding a pickup cover to my Jazz question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by merc50, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I am going to put a 62 pick guard and covers on my 2011 American Standard Jazz and I was wondering what sort of solutions you guys have used to mount the pickup guard since the it appears (I don't have the stuff yet, it is in the mail) that the cover on the bottom is going to hit the routing and empty air. I saw a picture somewhere on here once of another bit of wood added, but I was wondering what sort of creative ideas you guys have had. I was thinking a bolt, nut, and washer if they would clear...just on the guard if you can picture that.

2. Nobody has done this? If I missed an old thread on this when I searched please point me in the right direction.

3. I have this same issue on my Squier VM Jazz, and so far it's not a problem screwing it right into the pickguard itself. The pickguard appears to be quite adequate in holding the cover tightly. Shouldn't be a problem with the hole stripping out, unless you are taking off the cover every other day. however, SurferJoe46 solved it by screwing in a piece of appropriately sized wood (looked like half a wooden thumb rest) into the wiring rout cavity in the right spot.
    Oh, and patience is a virtue, my friend.

4. The vintage guard has the holes already drilled so screwing in the guard won't be an option.