1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adding a pup to a 57 RI

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Sep 27, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Howdy folks.

My main bass is an 82 Fender 57 RI and its been that way for a while. However I've been greatly contemplating adding a bridge pickup.

Anyone have any recommendations?

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    bttt

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This is the bass in question. I'd be planning on keeping the Precision pup, but I'd want something to match it tonally and have the same vibe.

IMG_3013.

4. Do you want to add some tonal options? maybe you'd better to buy Villex P pickup with mid control? These are fully passives and will let you to change you tone from boomy to growl

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I just wanna add some bite. I had villex pups in a 71 P and wasn't happy with the results.

6. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    I wouldnt change that bass. Pbass is a Pbass. If you don't like the sound, you are not worthy to play a Pbass ;)

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I hate P-Basses.

IMG_3220.

8. Just don't.
    Buy a replacement loaded P-J body if you must.
    But please don't hurt an innocent '57 reissue.:crying:

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Its a ridiculously light body and weighs in under 8 pounds. If I got a new body it would undoubtably be heavier.:meh: