1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adding a tortoise guard to my lake placid blue p-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yamarc, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Okemos, MI
    I have a 2004 lakland bob glaub model p-bass in lake placid blue. It currently has a white/mint pick guard on it and I am thinking of getting a brownish tortoise pick guard instead. I've loved the idea of this color combo since I saw Chris Chaney's LPB/tort combo in Bass player a few years ago.

Sooooo....does anyone have any pics (or advice) for me as I head out on this venture?

Thanks!

2. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    I think that combo is killer - never saw a bass with it that I didn't enjoy looking at. Bonus points for matching headstock. :)

And the beautiful thing is that if you end up not liking it, just switch back to the original PG... No harm done!

Don't forget to post pics if you go for it!

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Okemos, MI
    Cool... I was thinking of going with a Jeannie's brown tort guard...any thoughts on this?

4. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    it will look great! if its a skyline be aware that the PG patterns are a bit inconsistent. you may end up having to send your current guard as a template.

5. Tort with LP blue is a great look imo. Go for it!