1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adding an EQ bypass switch to an SWR GP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alexclaber, Jan 2, 2003.

  1. alexclaber

    alexclaber Commercial User

    Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Basically I don't use any EQ on my GP apart from the Aural Enhancer. However, I would like to be able to switch in the EQ when I slap, and for practical reasons this would need to be foot-switchable. Would it thus be possible to add a bypass switch to the circuit, and if so, how would I do it?

    Any suggestions welcome :)

  2. I'm sure it can be done, but, if you have to ask how, then you'd better let an EE tackle it. This sort of modification is better left to an expert. Boss makes a decent EQ pedal for less than $100 bucks that will do what you want and you won't have to modify your head. It probably cost less than the mod would anyway....

Share This Page