Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adding Compressor Pedal to Bass Driver...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hellrazor213, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Im getting ready to buy a compressor pedal to go with my Digitech X-Series Bass Driver, seeing how everyone says compressors are a must have for any setup...I would like to hear your opinions on which compressor to purchase. I love the overdrive/distortion sound I get from the Bass Driver, so I need a compressor that will compliment it well to make the sound even better.

I play a Schecter Omen through a Fender Rumble 100 and I love the Lows.

Thanks Guys.

2. Why not try the Digitech Bass Squeeze Dual Band Bass Compressor?

There are loads of compressors out there, try as many as you can.

3. Do you know what sound you're after at the end of the day and exactly why you need a compressor? Many players lose dynamics if they use (and rely upon) compressors constantly.

Note that many distortion/overdrive pedals exhibit a certain amount of compression at high gain, it's what helps provide that singing sustain.

So what you're after will determine to a certain degree which compressor you should look at...whether you're after a tight poppy compressed sound, more sustain, or simply to smooth out volume levels.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I use a Punch Factory, I love it.

This is what you do. Go to your music store, bring your distortion, ask them to let you plug into an amp that's similar to yours and play all the compressors you like. Badda bing, badda boom! :cool: