Adding Punch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Secondhandloser, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    So, I'm looking for something that I can run my bass through to give it a whole lot more punch. Like to the point where it almost sounds like a muted bass drum, effectivley killing sustain, with a whole bunch of attack. I'd prefer it to be footswitchable, but it doesn't have to be, as I could always run it through a loooper or something...
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hmmm, a P-bass with a Punch Factory would be good i'd say. :) Try turning up your highs all the way too.
  3. You might look at noise gates...something that will allow your attack to come through for a predetermined time, then shut off all sound. It'd probably sound completely unnatural, but that's what you're going for, correct?

Maybe a Rocktron HUSH would do the trick?...
  4. I had alot of fun with a Behringer MDX2600 Compressor unit I borrowed from work. You could play with it enough to just hit a note and get no sustain, bass drum styleee. The unit is a Compressor, Enhancer and a Gate. It doesn't apear footswitchable, but can be midi controlled, I think. I enjoyed it alot, i only had it for a weekend but it seemed fairly useable/fun.