1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adding to present amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DSims63, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Right now I have a Gallien-Krueger MB210. I am thinking of adding a Gallien-Krueger MB500 500 Watt Compact Bass Head. My question is should I make this purchase? I just started gigging and think the extra oomph might be useful. I noticed this was the set up at the gig and was thinking about duplicating it with my personal gear. So any advice?

2. The MB210 combo is a MB500 with 210 cab! Add a second 8 ohm cab like the 210MBE II. You will have 410's and 500 watts.

3. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    I don't understand..... it sounds like you want to add a head to combo????? If I read you right what is your reasoning???? I think the conventional strategy (as that combo can accomodate a 2nd 8 ohm cabinet) would be to buy an MBE210 cabinet. I must be reading you wrong as the MB210 combo is already rated at 500 watts! More details needed! There are also 2 series of the MB210 combos. The first (silver grill) can run an 8 ohm unpowered cab. The black grill series 2, I'm not sure, as some of the can run powered cabs. What exactly do you have now?????