1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. Because Photobucket has chosen to in effect "take down" everyone's photos (unless you pay them), we have extended post edit time in the Luthier's Corner to UNLIMITED.  If you used photobucket and happen to still have your images of builds, you can go back and fix as many of your posts as far back as you wish.

    Note that TalkBass will host unlimited attachments for you, all the time, for free ;)  Just hit that "Upload a File" button.  You are also free to use our Media Gallery if you want a place to create albums, organize photos, etc :)

Adding top cap with accent line

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by JohnL, Aug 14, 2002.

  1. JohnL


    Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    What is generally used as the material for the thin, dark accent line used to seperate the woods in a lot of the multi-laminate bodies? (IE: ash body with a maple top) Is it a piece of dark wood veneer, plastic, or some other composite, and where does one obtain such material? Thanks!
  2. FBB Custom

    FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

    Jan 26, 2002
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I use wood veneer. I recommend Certainly Wood. I think it's certainlywood.com
  3. JohnL


    Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Thanks! I have seen several multi-laminates with a dark accent line that I really like. I just didn't know if it was a specific wood, or just maple veneer or something similar dyed a darker color.
  4. virtual.ray


    Oct 25, 2000
    I have a Warwick FNA and the website says it has an ash body with a maple cap seperated by a walnut veneer.