addition to active pickup question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tucker, May 18, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Is there anyway I can add an extra 9 volt battery to my Spector NS200/Q5? There is already one in there though. Would I need to make room cause i found a spot where I can put it. Do I need other wires? Your probably wondering why I would add another one on, but I just read that if you add on another it'll make the signal or output stronger. Is this true? If you have information on this help me out on this.
  2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    My son drew up plans for the mod with EMG circuitry, as he made the modification to his PBC six string -- but if you check figure 3 on the page linked below you will see how you can go to 18v without touching the existing circuitry...

BUTTTTTTTTTT (and it's a BIG BUT!) you need to know that the preamp in your Spector can handle the doubling of the voltage. If not, you will burn it out.

Some preamps can handle the higher supply voltage, which allows more headroom. That doesn't mean, however, that ANY preamp can handle it.

So, by all means, look at the circuit mod, but don't do it until you get firm confirmation that it is an appropriate thing to do that will provide benefit.