1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Additional Bass Cab GK112 or Bergantino Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassmaniac60, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hi all first post to this great forum.
    I am using a GK NEO212 Cab with a GK1001rb and recently an EA iAmp500. I am thinking of selling the RB1001 and waiting for the new fusion 550 (aren't we all?). In the meantime the 212 sound awsome with the EA amp - versatile and loud - however I want to add a new cab to add versatility and power. I was oringinally thinking of a GK 112 so I could use that at small gigs but reading the post here about the Bergantino AE210 I am thinking of getting one of those or the new Bergantino AE112?? Anybody used the AE112 or compared one to a GK112?

I believe the Bergantino would add a lot of flexibility and even some bottom end to my curent rig - certainly the AE210 seems to have huge bottom end.

Any opinions?
    Cheers

2. I haven't had a chance to have a listen to the new Berg cabs but I would imagine the AE210 from all accounts would match up better with the GK212 rather than the 1x12" cab. The 212 will give you all the lows, fattness and the 210 will give all the punch and cut through you need. A lot of USA owners of the AE210 are saying it is no slouch as a standalone as well with a VERY FULL bottom end as well and nice full sounding midrange.
    They say it is a very loud cab as well so this should balance up well enough with the GK212 being 4 ohms. Also would be a brezze to move at just 18kg and small by size than most others.
    You need to be sure that the Fusion 550 will go down to 2 ohms as does the iamp.

3. Hi, you mentioned that the GK is 4 OHMs my 212 is 8ohms as is the AE210 so this would be a perfect combo I would think.
    Did not realise the iAmp 500 went down to 2 ohms either so thanks.

The options now for bass players are stupendous - when I first started playing it was the ubiquitous Peavey MKIII with a couple of EV bins! all too heavy and no tone!

Will post when I have tried the rig out.

Cheers
    :bassist:

4. Just had a look at dimensions and the new GK NEO210 cab (wedge shape) will sit well on top of Neo212 cab whereas the Bergantino is slighly lighter but the cab dimensions not as 'suitable' - anyone used the GK NEO210 at all? Opinions?

5. GK Neo210 ? :hyper:
    Can you provide a link to the specs?

THANKS

6. sorry bro' my mistake - I thought the GK212 was a 4 ohm cab.

Re- the iamp500, yeah all the iamps are stable down to 2 ohms. I have the 800 and the 2ohms thing just gives you heaps more options for speaker set-ups.

7. Here you go - bass down to 31Hz

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-Neo210-2-x-10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-482098-i1390425.gc

Gallien-Krueger Neo210 2 x 10 Bass Speaker Cabinet Features:
    GK Paragon cast-frame Neodymium loudspeakers
    Special chambering and bracing
    High-quality horn
    Black Tolex covering Recessed spring-loaded handles
    Rugged stell grills
    Custom interlocking corners
    11-ply poplar construction
    Impedance: 8 ohms
    Power Rating: 400 Watts
    Speakers: Two 10", plus horn
    Frequency response: 43Hz to 19kHz