1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Additional Cab for Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yodhan, Oct 16, 2009.

Which Cab to get?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2009.
  1. Markbass 102P 2x10 Cab

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Avatar 210 Neo 2x10 Cab

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Yodhan

Yodhan

Dec 10, 2007
    I am trying to decide which cab to get for my rig. I have a LMIII and a Traveller 102P 2x10 cab from Markbass. I want another 2x10 cab for some bigger gigs. I am debating between another 102P and an Avatar 210Neo. The price difference doesn't concern me, but I am pretty set between these two heads.

Thanks

2. I'm always a big fan of the not combining cabs.

Go for a second one of the one you already have. /my opinion

3. If you like the sound of the 102P, it's a no-brainer: get a second one. If you don't like its sound, it's a no-brainer: sell it and get something else.

-jb

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Agreed.

5. john nam

john nam Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    IME, I wasn't crazy about the sound of the 102p by itself, it seemed too midrangey and honky, and I'm usually all about punch rather than the sound of a 15" driver. I was able to A/B the 121p with the 151p and the 15 seemed much more balanced, had a nicer tone overall, and it was louder. However, I'm sure that two 102ps will sound a lot thicker and well-balanced, plus, it will look nicer stacked than the Avatar. That's why I opted for a 121p and 151p.

I also have an Avatar 112 neo and when compared to the 121p by itself, the Avatar has definitely more bottom, more pleasing treble (but nothing the LMII's VLE can't fix) and more volume before farting out, even though the 121p's BW driver has a higher wattage and SPL rating. I attribute this to the 1/3 larger cab of the Avatar. One last thing is that I found you can really get close to the sound of horn tweeters instead of piezo tweeters simply by turning up the VLE, so I didn't see a reason for me to switch to horn tweeter MarkBass cabs. I hope this helps.