1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

adjust-a-nut 1

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jankjo, Jun 4, 2002.

1. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    I just bought a 1984 Warwick Streamer! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
    It has a Wenge thru neck, a cherry body, and a Wenge fret board with EMG pickups and a brass just-a-nut1.

Problem is that the screw under the Estring in the nut is stuck and mangled.http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

any suggestions for how to get it out (will WD-40 hurt the wood?)?
    Any ideas for where to get a replacement screw?
    Does anybody know the thread size of the screw? Maybe I could buy a regular screw and turn down the head or something.

2. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    Hmmm.
    I'm new...clearly I don't know how to use the smiles...sorry

3. Don't put a "regular screw" a "Mickey Mouse" fix! :eek:

-Any liquid product you use to remove the stuck piece MUST NOT come in contact with the wood.

Mask the area off throughly.

-Contact Warwick re: replacement of part.

Dale Titus should be able to help you find out about all things Warwick:

DaleT@danabgoods.com

-In a worse-case scenario you can have the nut replaced with an ABM Height Adjustable Brass Nut for Bass available at

www.allparts.com (search "brass nut")

Call or e-mail allparts for best match.
    :D

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i wouldn't worry about it...dale is an awesome guy to work with and it shouldn't be a problem getting a new just-a-nut I...just give him a call. the abm would be a pretty neat piece, though.

5. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    thanks!
    I emailed Dale, and he wrote back right away!
    He's going to send me a replacement screw.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    see....told ya :D great guy....all about the customer. too bad a lot of the warwick dealers aren't that way.