Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

adjust-a-nut 1

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jankjo, Jun 4, 2002.

1. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    I just bought a 1984 Warwick Streamer! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
    It has a Wenge thru neck, a cherry body, and a Wenge fret board with EMG pickups and a brass just-a-nut1.

Problem is that the screw under the Estring in the nut is stuck and mangled.http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

any suggestions for how to get it out (will WD-40 hurt the wood?)?
    Any ideas for where to get a replacement screw?
    Does anybody know the thread size of the screw? Maybe I could buy a regular screw and turn down the head or something.

2. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    Hmmm.
    I'm new...clearly I don't know how to use the smiles...sorry

3. Don't put a "regular screw" a "Mickey Mouse" fix! :eek:

-Any liquid product you use to remove the stuck piece MUST NOT come in contact with the wood.

Mask the area off throughly.

-Contact Warwick re: replacement of part.

Dale Titus should be able to help you find out about all things Warwick:

DaleT@danabgoods.com

-In a worse-case scenario you can have the nut replaced with an ABM Height Adjustable Brass Nut for Bass available at

www.allparts.com (search "brass nut")

Call or e-mail allparts for best match.
    :D

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i wouldn't worry about it...dale is an awesome guy to work with and it shouldn't be a problem getting a new just-a-nut I...just give him a call. the abm would be a pretty neat piece, though.

5. jankjo

jankjo

May 22, 2002
    thanks!
    I emailed Dale, and he wrote back right away!
    He's going to send me a replacement screw.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    see....told ya :D great guy....all about the customer. too bad a lot of the warwick dealers aren't that way.