Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

adjusting bass neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fun with fender, May 2, 2002.

1. my neck is a little warped and i have the wrench to adjust it with...i dont know if i should..ive never seen anyone..and i dont really exactly know how but i guess its turn right and it tightens and left with loosen...so i just need to tighten it until my neck becomes straight again right???? i have a lifetime thing with samash in whih i can bring my bass in to get adjustedanytime for free but should i just do it myself?? someone tell me if i should and if so how..it cant be that hard..

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  3. FWF, please do a search of the archive at the bottom of the page. This is the most common answered question here in setup and you'll find hours of discussions concerning the why's and wherefore's.

4. that thing you're hoping to adjust is called a 'truss rod'. just to make your search easier. you'll find pretty much everything you'd ever want to know about it. we're all paranoid about adjusting it, because i can make or break (literally) your bass.