1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adjusting intonation on G&L's

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by fearceol, Sep 28, 2009.

1. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Sorry if the answer is obvious here guys, but I just want to check. :bag:

When adjusting the intonation, I assume it's necessary to loosen the saddle lock ?

2. Yes. Remember to re-tighten it when you're done.

Ken...

3. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Speaking of which, one of the biggest PITAs is getting that little plastic lock-nub back into the hole. I always have to remove the set screw completely and put the nub back in from the outside....

Can you get replacements of that nub? I've done some dis-assembly/cleaning where the nub is just smashed. Looks like a friggin' mushroom.

4. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland

Thanks Ken. :)

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

If your favorite dealer doesn't have a spare around:

http://www.glguitars.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=39

Sets of 6 and make sure you get the right english vs. metric set for your bass depending on era and line (US vs. Trib). Looks like they only have the older US version in stock right now. Although the bushing looks pretty short I think it's the same thing that the saddle-lock uses. I got replacements for an older US bass that came to me with nothing in the saddle-lock spot from a dealer and purchased some of the metric ones for a used Trib that was similarly empty.

6. dukeplaysbass

Well, that's cool. Thanks for this. I haven't checked the G&L parts pages in a while (last time was for -- you guessed it - a blown input jack).

Now, let's talk about you sending that BABP Wunkay out west, hmmmm? Sell me your Wunkay!

7. lmao.

8. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I just need to know where I can find another allen screw to lock the bridge. Mine vibrated out at some point. The intonation has never moved though. It has stayed solid with no problems.

9. dukeplaysbass

Stop laughing. I told you I was back on the couch watching Hello Kitty! within 30 min.....

10. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

[​IMG]

that's the pic that goes with the link above - it's a set of 6 screws and bushings that get used for something on the guitars and also do double-duty as saddle lock parts. If you've got a friendly dealer check with them, they may have some extras. If you order from G&L make sure you get the right set (they have 2 different ones although they both aren't always available in the web store).

11. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks. I'll defintely check it out.