Adjusting Rick 4001 pick-ups

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Orange Boy, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Orange Boy

Orange Boy Guest

Dec 1, 2004
    Wilts, UK
    I'd like to raise the polepieces on the p/ups of my 1980 4001. Anybody know how you do this? I assume it's possible, as they are at different heights on different strings, but how you adjust them isn't apparent.
  2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Unfortunately you can't adjust the individual pole pieces. You can only move the entire pickup up or down.

3. The height of the pole pieces is set for the radius of your neck at the factory. I know of no way to adjust them, and do not see the need.

Why do you want to adjust them when you can raise or lower each side of the pickup to balance the pickup output?
  4. marty1966

Sep 24, 2004
    There are those that say it can be done and have done it.....personally I wouldn't mess with the polpieces on my Ric, but if you're determined you want to do it go to the Ric forums and post....there are guys there that have done it:
  5. Orange Boy

Orange Boy Guest

Dec 1, 2004
    Wilts, UK

The E is a bit quiet. I hoped that bringing up the polepiece might fix this without affecting anything else. Obviously not...