1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adjusting the Bongo

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by r05c03, Apr 20, 2006.

1. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Own EBMM Bongo. It is great. However, I must say that I have had trouble dialing in the action. It seems like once I get my action down to where I like and the string clearance and factory spec I get fret buzz all along the neck. According to their faq fret buzz all along the neck is indicative of a neck that is too straight. So if I ameliorate this the action is a bit high for my liking. The Bongo site indicate that most adjustments can be made using their neato, but weird truss adjustment. Overall it seems a bit tempermental (but easy and fast) to adjust. Can anyone familiar with adjusting the Bongo help out?

2. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    Right, I may have the frets checked. It is new, but it was on the floor. I guess, I have not really looked into the string issue because I bought it and immediately changed strings and I have not had it long enough to change them out and try something new. The other factors I have checked and rechecked. If I play consiously mellow there is not buzz, but I generally play a little harder than that. I really don't think too much of it actually comes through the amp, but I don't like to 'feel' it.