Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adjusting the neck pickup !! HELP !!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by marcusmiller, Nov 15, 2003.

1. marcusmiller

marcusmiller

Oct 26, 2003
    I got a Marcus Miller Jazz Bass. 4 string.
    I never adjusted the pick up of my bass before.
    When i screw the both left-right bolts it doesnt
    move. PLEASE can anyone explain me how to adjust my pick up ?

2. marcusmiller

marcusmiller

Oct 26, 2003
    I MEAN I am trying to ADJUST the HEIGHT of the pick up.BUt i wonder if MArcus Miller bass has a special way of adjusting it ?

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Try pushing on the side opposite the side you are trying to raise up.

I've noticed that when I try to raise one side of my pickup, it doesn't always move up with the screws, because it rubs on the pickguard. Pushing down on the opposite side helps the other end to spring upward. I'm not familiar with your specific bass, so that's about all the help I can give you.

Of course, another possibility is that your pickups are already up as far as they go.

Good luck.

4. marcusmiller

marcusmiller

Oct 26, 2003
    thank u
    ! =)
    peace

5. I had this problem. on my bass it was just that the foam under the pickup had been compressed so much that it wasn't pushing up anymore. you can take the pickup out completely and replace the foam. i replaced the foam in mine with pieces of mouse pad. works great.