1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Adjusting truss rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by michael_atw, Sep 18, 2010.

1. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Hello, I have a question regarding checking a truss rod. I bought a neck off ebay and I went to check the truss rod and it is pretty tight. I told the seller and he stated to me the only time he checks them is when they are strung up and he was wondering how I checked it. It made me wonder if I have to have the neck strung up to check the workability of the truss rod? Is either way recommended? I'm just checking it right now to make sure it's not maxed out (sellers regularly seem to like to dispose of their junk maxed out necks by putting them up on ebay hoping someone will refrain from examining it) and not actually making adjustments. Thanks alot.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021