1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ADOBE HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blackriverstan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. blackriverstan

blackriverstan

Mar 11, 2010
    TX
    I have a document(hard copy) I need to scan. I then need to turn this file into a pdf, attach it to an email, and send it. I am very ignorant on this subject. I have only really viewed files with Adobe, and have never gone through the process of creating/transferring a file into pdf format.

Anybody?

2. I'm not sure what kind of computer you have but, if you have a Mac, it is
    trivial. Just select "Print..." and click on the "PDF" pop-up menu and
    select "Save as PDF..."

I can't help you with Windows. If I need a PDF in Windows, I transfer the
    file to my Mac, convert it and transfer it back.

What application are you scanning the image into? If it is an Adobe
    application (like Photoshop), you have the option to "save as" or
    "export as" a PDF file.

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Most scanner software will scan directly to a .pdf

If yours does not, you will need a .pdf creator.

If you have Microsoft Office, you can download the free pdf maker they offer, scan the file as a .jpg, paste the .jpg into a Word document, then save the document as a .pdf.

If you do not have Office, you'll need to download a free .pdf maker such as you can get from www.pdf995.com

Scan the file then print is as a .pdf document.

You can also download a free trial of Adobe Acrobat Professional which will work for 30 days and will create a .pdf file from the document you scanned. That can be time consuming if you only have 1 document though.

If all else fails, email me your scan and I can make it a .pdf Monday morning and email it back to you. I have Acrobat Pro at work.

4. blackriverstan

blackriverstan

Mar 11, 2010
    TX
    Thanks alot

I think i got it figured out...i think it could def. be done better but it should do for now