Adrian Garcia

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dveeus1, Oct 18, 2005.

1. dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    Hello Fellow Talk Bassers,

I have held off posting this thread as I had not talked to Adrian Garcia about his wishes. However, I talked to him about an hour ago and he asked me to inform the forum that he is in the hospital.

Adrian was diagnosed Tuesday 11 October with Colon Cancer. The doctors found a tumor blocking 3/4 of his colon. Adrian will undergo surgery Thursday 20 October 2005 to remove the tumor. With any luck and blessings they will get it all. And Adrian will be fine.

Adrain asked that I inform people as he has not be able to return phone calls or email. He also ask that people support him in this endeavor as they have his gigging (cheer him on folks. My brother has to beat this thing). And, as Adrian is a devout christian, he asks for all the prayers this community can muster to help him beat this thing.

Given the circumstance, Adrian is in good spirit and is taking this thing head on.

I will be in contact with Adrian daily. If there is any news to report (that he request) I will post it here.

Pray hard !! Pray Now
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'll keep Adrian in my thoughts.

He's a good guy. I'll be pulling for him.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Oh man!!!!!

I thought this was going to be "props to the man" type stuff!!! He was the first person here on TB that kinda left me star struck when I joined... I'd actually seen him live on TV a couple times and not known who he was till rooting through his personal site.

Stay strong Bro! If'n you survived your time with KC's Sunshine band... you'll beat this ;)

Positive vibes coming at you from my way... get well!

I'm gonna sticky this now.
  4. Adrian, Keep your chin up bro. Positive vibes sent your way from MA.

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Prayers going up - keep the faith.
  6. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Dear God, may your graceful healing hand protect our bro throughout the whole operation. Bless him with peace and joy and brave in all time. We know you listen to prayer and we are wait here for your work to be done.
  7. BassLand

Mar 20, 2000
    Lost Angeles
    Adrian, You are in my thoughts and prayers. I will look forward to seeing you at NAMM next year!

Bob "BassLand" Lee
  8. Yikes......

Praying for you, bud!
  9. Adrian, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Adrian, Keep your spirits up and remain confident. It's a rough ride, but you'll make it. Know that my prayers are with you.
  11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    Adrian my Payer's are with you..... talking to Chris B. right now and he said it sounds like a good reason to go to Vegas! :D
    Seriously though Chris and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayer's. Get well my friend...... and keep your spirits high ...

12. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Sorry to hear this, Adrian.
    All my "positive" energy be with you, bro!
    I'll see you soon in Vegas.

Big hugs

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Adrian, you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you and get well soon, brother.
  14. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Adrian, you are in my thoughts and I am rather shocked about hearing this.

Amigo, if anyone can get through this, it is you.

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo Adrian....

...sorry, couldn't help myself, I find it impossible to be serious..., I can be.

Dude, get well, the vibes from the Roscoe shop are here, I'll let the guys know about it tomorrow.
  16. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Adrian, I am praying as I post this and I will remember you in my prayers. Your posts are always positive and you are humble despite some very significant achievements as a player. God bless you. I know that he has plans for you to lift more spirits yet on this Earth.
  17. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    best wishes and prayers from ATL!
  18. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Oh man!!! I'm sad reading this.

Adrian, hope you get well soon. You'll beat this.

19. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Many good vibes and power from your frenchy friend bro' !!!

Please beat this thing and get back to us ASAP!!!

20. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Adrian I met you in the Bunny Bass days. You have always had nice things to say and good info as well.

Thoughts and prayers sent.