Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adrian!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Noobai, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Whatever happeend to that Jazz 5 you were putting together? Got any new pics? Sound clips?

And how much would it be for you to put together a 4 like that? ;)

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    the gentleman who is doing the block inlays was in the middle of moving his shop- I just heard the neck will be ready in a week- but here she is as she comes along.. it really looks great in person! so hopefully, in 2 weeks, she'll be functional- email me or call me about your last question.
    [​IMG]

3. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    Adrian, you got the Benavente from the Bass Player Test ?
    You said in another post that you will get it very soon.

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    man!! i was supposed the get that yesterday and wonderful DHL messed up and now i have to wait till monday because they have it in a facility in Arizona some place! they got a BIG piece of my mind, but i was helpless!!- so it should be here monday- it does go back later , though- this is just so i can acquaint mysef with the Benavente bass, and while mine is being built.

5. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    Keep us updated about this Benavente.

6. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.

Man... Adrian thats great that Chris did that
    for you!! I wonder if he has another "loaner". I am
    having (one) built. Must be nice to be a dealer!!

At least it did not get suck in Ohio on a truck at
    10 below zero!!
    ;)

Dan

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    I think we both figured- heck, i just ordered 3 going on 4 of those , i better find out what theyre all about - the bass arriving monday has the aeros, for example, and this jazz bass will have dimarzio ultra jazz- demeter preamp vs j retro on the jazz- but i will get an idea what the difference is between the aeros and the dimarzios benavente offers- playability i KNOW its there!! i am just trying to get an idea what the j tretro ( u retro) sounds like against the demeter and the different pickuos- so i can be as educated as possible when answering questions since there is a limited number of Benaventes out there and so many different electronics packages- too many choices can get cofunsing. And everyone wants something different,....;)

8. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I think its great that you're getting that bass for a while. That is the bass that helped me make
    up my mind to order a Bene SC5.

Dan

9. kridrazil

kridrazil

Nov 10, 2002
    What's new with your Benavente ? You finally got it Adrian ?