Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Adult ADD med commercial.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Have you guys seen this?

It contains lots of 'channel-changing,' and people shouting "are you paying attention?!" and other stuff like that.

I wish I had a tape with that commercial on it over and over....it's very intense stuff. :eek:

2. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    It's sweet. I want that disease if life is really like that.

3. You have to be an adult, or it's a totally differant illness.

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Then I know what I want to be when I grow up:
    an adult ADD sufferer.

5. I wonder if they've got an adult adhd yet. If not......what the hell are they waiting for?

I hope they make more commercials like this one.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    :confused:
    :rollno:

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    seen it, felt like that all my life, i take the med (strattera), hey! lookit that bird!

8. Wow, thanks! What a rush! :eek:

9. Is this a commcerical about Ritalin or summit? Cuz Ritalin isnt the kinda stuff you go giving out willy-nilly. I don't take mine anymore either.

10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    no...........it's about strattera
    the only other option available to adults who do not have the desired reaction to ritalin and adderal (i.e., it doesn't act as a stimulant to them, but rather the opposite) was wellbutrin. strattera seems to do better for adults with add. unfortunatly, with strattera the desired results usually peak at about 6 weeks. i was only on it for four weeks until my medical insurance ran out. it seemed to be kicking in, but i had a way to go both time wise and dosage wise. so i can't really comment if, gee! my neck hurts.....i wonder what's on TV...........hey! i think i'll play my bass!!...................

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Do I have ADD if I just don't pay attention to stuff that sucks (like TV, or board meetings)?

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    No I think you probably have Totatally Overinflated Outlook on Life syndrome :D

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wait, overinflated, so do I need to lower my standards to comply with everyday mediocrity?

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have no idea....meh...it was hard enough comming up with 4 words that spelt TOOL that kinda looked like they made sense! :D

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't like the tone of this post, SMASH. Have you ever had a child who has ADD, as diagnosed by a Doctor?

My son has ADD.

When he doesn't have his medication, he gets into major trouble at school, almost without exception.

When he has his medication, he still gets into trouble, but only about 5% of the time.

So it offends me to read a post like this, where somebody assumes that ADD doesn't exist, and people like me are just 'drugging up' our kids so we won't have to be parents.

16. Adderol works fairly well when it comes to helping people focus. Of course it's unhealthy, but heck, at least it ain't pseudoephedrine.

17. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Are you implying that I somehow enjoy watered down prog-rock, or that I am indeed a tool?

Ether way, your mother was a French tattooist!*

(*Nobody's sure why, but it sounds like an insult)

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    The former....no the latter.....ummm...are you talking about King Crimson?

:ninja:

19. ............so I can make fun of 'Bright-eyes,' right?

20. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I'm with ya bro. :D Wait, What was the question?