1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Adult Swim

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by J. Crawford, Apr 9, 2009.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Do you watch anything on Adult Swim? I think I have seen every episode of FamilyGuy, and Futurama when it was on.

Robot chicken is pretty funny.

Other than that, the shows are kinda.. odd, IMO.

Whats your favorite? Metalocalypse, Venture Bros, and ATHF are okay, but not my favorites.

2. Larz48

Larz48

Aug 18, 2007
    P.A.
    Metalocalypse, have the DVD's too, robot chicken Star Wars cracks me up, Family guy when I get a chance. Some are a bit strange for sure. Moral Orel or whatever it's called has my attention lately.

3. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The Steve and Eric show, or whatever, and shows of that nature never caught my attention.

I own the first 5 seasons of Family Guy, and watch it every night at 11 pm. Im an addict... giggity.

4. Home Movies! Even my dad likes Home Movies.

[​IMG]

5. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yet another show that never caught my attention. :meh:

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I love most of them, especially Metalocaplypse and Frisky Dingo. Some of the are a little too disturbing for me including Super Jail and the Xavier one.

7. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Home movies was ok, I only caught it from time to time. I always watched for futurama (Comedy Central sucks, they don't play it at a time that I can watch it), family guy, aqua teen, american dad, and now king of the hill. I haven't really watched aqua teen since the movie. Just kind of lost interest I guess. Now it's pretty much a routine that we watch king of the hill and then some of family guy before bed. Depending on how much work I have to do, I may or may not make it past family guy, but usually when I do, I change the channel over to the local station which is playing the simpsons.

8. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I've never watched Xavier, but the commercials make it look completely messed up.

The venture brothers DVD commercial that they keep playing is really starting to piss me off.

9. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Sounds like my night. I watch Family Guy from 11 to 12, then Robot Chicken. Every night.

10. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

Dec 3, 2008
    Abilene, TX
    I love family guy and robot chicken! Metalocalypse just cracks me up, I love the fact that people die in horrible ways for no reason. (Not meaning to sound dark but it's just funny. I just have that sense of humor. :rollno: lol) Murderface is awesome. hehe
    Dr. Rockso is allways funny, "I DO COCAINE!"

I used to watch aqua teen alot but don't care for it anymore.
    I'm a big futurama fan too, have seasons 1-3 need to get 4 some day.

Never attempted to watch the really strange stuff like drinky crow, tim and eric or xavier. That stuff just makes you ***?!

I do like saul of the mole men though. Really strange and stupid but somethin' about it is funny.

11. I used to Religiously watch Futurama when it was on adult swim. I know it's on Comedy Central, But since House is on at the same time, I can't watch it. Bummer.

But I do Religiously watch Superjail!, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!, ATHF, Xavier, Darkplace, The Mighty Boosh, Family Guy, And Dethklok. :)

"Remember to Send us your Bones!" - Dr. Steve Brule

For Your Health. ;)

12. super jail, tim and eric, and xavier are the bane of my existence.

im a fan of home movies, family guy, KotH, robot chicken, metalocalypse and death note.

i can tolerate the venture bros, morel orel and frisky dingo.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Home Movies and The Mighty Boosh are brilliant.

14. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I watch pretty much everything on it, but the greatest show in the history of it's existence will always be Frisky Dingo. Brilliant comedy laden with incredible references and inside jokes. Probably one of the most quotable shows I've ever seen. Shame it never got a full chance because they didn't show episodes enough.

15. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Family Guy, Squidbillies, The Oblongs, and Metalocalypse

16. SeaLab 2021...absolutely hilarious....way out there....just what I need in my life

17. Mingus

Mingus

Aug 23, 2007
    Miami
    How? I don't get those... The last two especially, the first I can deal with - laugh at occasionally.

18. Robot Chicken, Venture Bros, Sealab 2021, and Brak are great. The rest are mostly meh.

19. Some of it is bad. I am real stoked that King of the Hill is on it now and was also happy when they started showing The PJs.

I hate Family Guy and American Dad though. SORRY.

20. anonymous_111514

anonymous_111514 Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    I absolutely love Tim and Eric.

John C. Reily's character is genius.

"for your health!"