Adv. Slapping

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by heath_the_great, May 30, 2004.

1. Hey Cats,
    Just curious, not really sure if it should be called Advanced slapping but im referring to Stu Hamms Count Zero, i finally got my copy of kings of sleep, took 6 months to get here from the usa, and ive learnt surely the best and most of count zero, except for the tapping parts, just curious to how you play the slapping parts, the way ive figured it i slap the E then use my index, middle and ring to pop the other strings in a rolling motion, then for the bridge part, since my speed isnt as fast i kinda half pop which doesnt give as snappier a sound but it'll do until i can speed up
  2. Alun

Jun 6, 2004
    Endorsing Artist - Elixir strings,Markbass amplification
    Hi. From what I can remember the technique is:

Thumb the low E, pluck the A and D strings with index and middle, re-attach the D string with the thumb and finally pluck the G string with the index.

The bridge is "normal" thumb and index finger but yes, it's a nightmare to play!

3. Viktor

Jun 21, 2003
    The trick is to keep your thumb lose,and your index and midle finger stiff....I mean that you just roll your hand...and they "pluck them selfs" so to speak.
    I know that you probable know this but I like to show of. :D :D :D .....hehe..just kidin'..
  4. heres how i work my right hand...sorta