1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advantages Disadvantages Of The Different Pods

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by luknfur, Dec 8, 2006.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I'm interested in assembling feedback to condense into ONE POST in ONE PLACE for ONE READ. So I'll edit everybody's input into this initial post on completion. Maybe also any particular handicaps across the board on the units like the no XLR out Stereo out stuff (I think, maybe some of them of have it, who knows). I wouldn't rule any of the non-bass pods someone has used for bass either. Apparently the guitar version are superior in many respects - which I have no clue of either.

Anything you can think of including the software mixes, the pedals, whatever.

Maybe these are a lot more alike than my perception but it seems like a can a worms to me so I'm guessing to others as well.

Perhaps this is redundant, if so, PLEASE point me to that thread.

Thanks in advance.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Save space just in case

3. CaseAce12

CaseAce12

Oct 15, 2006
    POD XTs are pretty much the same between guitar and bass. You can buy a model pack that gives you all the bass pod xt amps in the pod xt. The XT Lives add variax input, plus the pedals.

4. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Note that the regular PODxt doesn't have DI, and some people have mentioned that the regular PODxt also might have some clipping issues with PODxt.

The Bass Expansion Pack for the PODxt gives you the amps and cabs only, not the effects, etc. unique to the PODxt.

-Zadillo

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Hmm, thought this thread was dead. Maybe this will give it a second breath and it will accomplish it’s intended purpose.

Finally managed to get the software onto the computer and the pod updated. Crossed my mind that maybe the only difference between the original pod and xt in terms of actual application is the software and that you could turn the original into an xt. Doubtful cause I haven’t read anything along those lines but I don’t know that for a fact.

Also I assume you can date these by serial number. Maybe should have made note of the original versions of the software that I upgraded last night.

6. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what the other differences are, but I don't there's any sort of upgrade path to get the newer XT models onto the regular POD (I got the impression the PODxt might have some improvements to the hardware, etc. to allow for better amp models, etc.).