1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice and recommendations for Jazz Bass bridge pick up

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wafu_vasco, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hi there,
    There seems to be a lot of threads right now about MiM Jazz Bass Deluxes, I'm afraid this is another one! I've got the stock ceramic dual coil noiseless pick ups on my '98 Deluxe Jazz - I love the neck pick up but find the bridge pick up really thin and disappointing. I'm looking for a much more punchy, trebly and attacking sound. What pick ups to people recommend? The only pickup wirings I've done before have been passive, I've never done any soldering or modding on the elctronics on an active instrument - does it make any difference? Is my choice of pick ups limited to what is compatible with the active electronics and neck pick up which I'm keeping, or are they completely different issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated.