Advice? Girls?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nikehawk, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Well, Ive been a long time watcher of these message boards, but a minor poster of questions. I want to thank everyone for all of the information that they've given men as far as bass knowledge is concerned.

My question is this: I recently met a girl that became completely obsessed with ( i dont know why) but began to question why i became obsessed with her. I only began to question this after her FRIENDS told me she didnt want anything to with me (but thats a whole nother story altogether). Anyway, has anyone noticed an increased importance on similar likes in music in the opposite sex as a major attribute in a relationship, since they've started playing bass?
    I only ask that because I've ignored girls in the past because they didn't have any knowledge about the bands I love.

(Just give me your stories about girls and music) :D
  2. My last exgirlfriend and I, we shared no taste in music, except for Eric Clapton's "tears in heaven". We were on and off for a year. it was a strong, amazing time!

My new girlfriend, we share similiar tastes, but she is into everything, but the new version of it :p

forget about music when it comes to girls; if anything you can learn from her! be yourself around this girl, and ignore her friends. see what SHE says.

g'luck ;)
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Most of the girls I've been with haven't shared much of my taste in music, but I invariably turn them on to new things, and by the end of our relationship music is the only thing we have in common :p
  4. Well thats the closest homosexual comment i've heard in months. Well done. :p

Music taste helps, my recent ex is a disco/club junkie. Even works in one. Yet she turned to me one day and said "I WANT A BASS!!" and to play all sorts of stuff, like rock. ;) I said "marry me?" but hmmm.....

5. :D

thats pretty funny mr roboto!

anyways, same here, i almost never share musical tastes with the girls i date, but i (try) turning them onto new stuff, sometimes successful, most times not :meh:
  6. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    One of my favorite genres is folk, the modern stuff, not like in the '60's. My wife picked me out of the crowd at a Trout Fishing in America show. Then she noticed me at the next four Trout shows she attended. When I first noticed her and started talking to her, I didn't realize she had placed herself where she had so I would HAVE to walk right by her.

Of the fourteen women I have been at least somewhat serious with in my life, she is only the second that I would call sane.

The point of all this is that the FIRST thing we knew we shared was an appreciation of the same kind of music. And in the eleven years since I have exposed her to many artists and styles she would never have heard of.:smug:
  7. I look for ones that have the same taste in music as me, but so far none have.:meh:
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Like gabby... I was like... whoa... she's sorta cool... maybe i could go out with her...

then i was like talkin to her... and i was all like "do you listen to black sabbath?" and she's like "ya" and i'm like... "rad." then i knew she was awsome and that i shouldnt let this one slip away. yes.
  9. My wife hates most of my favorite music (contemporary / fusion jazz) ... When I say hate, I mean she makes funny faces and looks physically ill, and does anything she can to leave the area that I've ensonified with my precious jazz. :meh: :mad: :spit: ;) :D

We do have common affinity for things like:

Diana Krall
    Sting "Ten Summoner's Tales"
    Sarah McLachlan
    Tori Amos
    Limp Bizkit
    Acoustic Alchemy
    Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How do u say.. YES

I wont communicate with a girl who likes bad punk or "pop/rock" music. IE: good charlotte, simple plan...

I can deal with a girl whol ikes some Rap. I like some rap, onl good stuff though. Run DMC, Nas....