1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice / Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SAMMYB, Jan 12, 2005.

1. SAMMYB

SAMMYB

Jan 12, 2005
    Hi Guys / Girls,

I need some advice... right now i have a XS400H - Bass Head - 400w (Yorkville) and i'm running it into a 8ohm fender 1x15 inch cabinet... i am not getting enough sound out of this setup!!!

So i need some suggestions... two amps i've really been interested in is the
    1. Ampeg SVT 4 PRO ( but i don't know what cabinet)
    2. and the Traynor YBA 200 Tube Head w/ 2x10 . 1x15 cab...

i play bass with my fingers, a fender jazz with active pickups and i need volume and durability... can anyone help ?!

2. well first off you are only running the amp at 8 ohms so you are getting say half of the total power of the rig, second that fender cabinet may not be very efficeint although i dont know much about them so my suggestion would to be bring your head around town to the music stores or borrow some cabs make sure u are running it at its minimum impendance which is 4ohms and that will give you your total 400 watts mabey try a yorkie 2or4 10 cabinet anda different 1x15 underneath that rig should be plenty loud and durable.