1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice needed (Eden Content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alex1984, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    I've been offered a trade lately involving a pair of Eden 210XST. I've been quite eager to try out vertically stacked 10s, and this does seem like a very portable rig to me (something I need). But I haven't been able to find much on the 210XST, especially since Eden's pretty much history now. I haven't really had much experience with Eden, and I'm mostly an Ampeg guy. What can I expect from a pair of these cabs?

2. Two D210XST together will handle 1000 watts and go quite deep. (I use four of them at rehearsal, two at gigs.) They're a clean sounding cab, but will reproduce whatever sound you put into them.

3. cut that power level in half and you are closer to the truth. Those edens suffer from creased cones quite frequently.

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    In general terms, the Eden sound is characterized as deep, smooth & clean. From what I understand, the 210XST epitomizes that tonal signature - more than most pieces of Eden gear.

If that's the type of tone that hits the sweet spot for you, then by all means jump on these cabs - now. :eyebrow:

MM

5. I never push them that far. :)
    About 500 watts max. into a pair of cabs is enough for me. I don't like to repair/replace cabs...

6. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Think they'd handle an SVT fine?

7. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    I read about cone creasing on these too, that's one of the things I'm a little concerned about.

8. JBooz

JBooz

Jan 30, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I used a 210XST for a couple years to gig with (stolen from me a couple months ago actually). IMO an excellent cab, clean and deep for sure. I used and SVT III Pro (also stolen) and could crank it with no problem. I got a lot of complements on the tone from fellow bass players and sound guys.

Don't let the fact that it's a 210 fool you though, it's a heavy little beast and has a pretty large footprint.

9. Wonderful cabs. I've pushed a pair with my DB750 and never a problem. Should be no problem with an SVT. (I don't know what the 'creased cones' comment above is about. If you overdrive the living crap out of any cabinet, you can destroy it.)

Great lows, very even sound, but they have that Eden knack of always being heard on stage. Reasonably lightweight, and I love the flexibility of taking one or two as needed.

10. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Eden cabs have good mids. Not prominent or barky, just... um... good.

I've used an 210XLT - the less bassy and lower-power version of the XST with an SVT IIIPro for almost 20 years. Great cab. The XST sounds similar, but goes much deeper.

As JBooz points out, though, these are not light 210s. They're big for 210s and they weigh about 65# a piece.

11. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Great cab IMO. Stronger lows and a little flatter than the XLT series, which has more of that "Eden-ish" low mid push.

The 210XST is a little lighter, maybe 8-10 pounds lighter, than the 210XLT.

Many Eden users would combine an XST with an XLT cab to get both the strong lows of the XST coupled with the mid push of the XLTs.

12. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

Feb 17, 2009
    Germany
    210XST is a great cab!
    I never had a problem with any Eden cab and I use them often and loud.
    410XLT with 210XST was many years my ain rig.

BTW, Eden is far away from being history!

13. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    You should post your "wall of Eden" pic here Armin!;)

14. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I read somewhere that Marshall (now the parent company of Eden) is hoping to get David Nordschow back on board as a consultant. It would be nice to see him home again!