Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Advice needed on a potential buyer--please help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kehs, Jun 13, 2003.

1. I have been exchanging e-mails with someone who wants to buy a bass from me. During these e-mails I wrote that I wanted the funds in a money order or check. No problem so far. Then I mention the shipping rate with one carrier. Then he wanted me to go with another because of problems in how products arrive (I had not had problems with them). Ok no big deal, I had the other carrier nearby, as long as they pay shipping. Now I'm getting an e-mail in which he wants us to conduct this transaction through paypal (I don't have an account). I think this person is very nice, we have had good discussions but when it came down to the transaction, I feel that he's making me jump through hoops to make him comfortable (didn't want to wait for check to clear before getting bass--understandable). Granted, he's being very diplomatic about it. I just said I'd think about it. I think I'm being reasonable.

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Tell him to get a cashiers check from his bank if he doesn't want to wait time for a regular check to clear. It'll deduct it straight from his account.