1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice needed on new Eden amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Newget, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Newget

Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    Hello, I'm currently using an Eden WT330 and am looking to beef up my power for the bigger gigs. I would like to hear some opinions on the choices I've made and see which choice you would choose.

Choice A.
    Keep the WT330 as a studio tool and backup and purchase an Eden Nemesis NA650 to use for gigs. Also adding an NSP115 with the current NSP212 I'm using.

Choice B
    Sell the WT330 and get the WT550. Use the 550 with my NSP212 and for second cab use my SWR Triad(which is old and sounds ok, not great at this point)

Choice C
    Sell the WT330 and the SWR Triad, get the WT550 and an additional NSP212.

Choice D
    Keep the WT330, buy the NA650 and use with NSP212 and SWR triad.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    C.

3. Doesn't Eden have an upgrade program to upgrade the amps fairly cheaply? Also, you may want to consider getting an extra power amp to drive the cabs.

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    i think unfortunately that the wt330 and wt550 are different designs/series - can't upgrade.

i think i'd go option C too.

5. +1

6. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    option C

7. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    C also

8. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    As stated, the upgrade is probably not available on the WT-330. Plus, I've owned both and the WT-550 (tube pre) IMO is a much better sounding amp.

Option C

9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Get a 550. I had one, sold it, and am now getting another. They are a great amp. Option C.

10. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    Choice E
    Sell both cabs and replace them with a 4x10, or with a pair of 2x10's

11. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I'd vote option C.

For the upgrade thing, though, yes you can upgrade the WT330. Not into a WT550, but into a WT405, which is nearly as loud. I think that the NSP212 cabs are 4 ohm cabs, right? So you'd be running into a 2 ohm load. The WT405 puts around 620 watts into 2 ohms, while the WT550 puts 750.

So ... either option c, or save some bucks by upgrading the WT330 and grabbing another NSP212.

Either of those pushing 4 12's will be an awsome sound.

Good luck,
    Liam

12. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    You can get the WT-405 power up-grade, direct from the Eden factory for 200.00, plus about 20 bucks shipping. Takes it to 250 at 8, 405, at 4, and 605 at 2ohms. I just had mine done. I use it in a CXC410 combo cabinet, 4 BP102's in it, wired with a DPDT switch, for 8 ohm or 2 ohm operation. Sounds really nice. 2 ohms, doesn't seem to bother it at all, but it does switch the fan into the 2nd speed, to keep it cool. But it seems to have the same nice tone, at 2 or 8 ohms. I will probably take the head out of the cab, and sell the cab on Flea-bay, after my Fitzmaurice cabs are done. I think the Eden WT-405 power, will be about the perfect match for Bill Fitzmaurices cab designs, and of course, will have the wonderfull Eden tone shaping to boot. I'd go with the up-grade, and keep what you have. Good Luck!

13. I heard the Nemesis 650 is pretty much an Eden 550 in sound, so I would say buy it, or upgrade your 330, and add the second cab. If you can only afford one expense at a time, I would say add another cabinet, it will up your wattage, and your speaker area, pushing your volume up a lot.

I just ordered a NA650 with the matching 410 and 212 a couple days ago.