Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Advice needed on purchasing a digital recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Johnalex, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    um i have a 3rd idea. I have the new boss digital 4 track, which actually records up to 32 tracks. Heres the optimal setup for what you'll probably want to do with it. I have an amp modeler(jstation) going into the recorder, then i usually run the recorder to my computer. You can only record maybe 1 or 2 tracks or inputs with either of those recorders. Get a digital or analog like 8 or 12 bus mixer. Then you can record live stuff easier, and make a drum kit sound ALOT better. Im in the process of getting the mixer right now. I would say get the the boss digital 4 track and nice mixer. If you have any questions about the boss 4 track or anything else just PM me.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Well I have changed my mind and I am going to fork out a little more money and go with a Fostex VF-16. It has a lot more use then any of the others and I will probably wish that I had bought this one after a few months with anything else.
    Here it is http://www.fostex.com/Products/vf16.html

any comments?