1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice needed on purchasing a digital recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Johnalex, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    um i have a 3rd idea. I have the new boss digital 4 track, which actually records up to 32 tracks. Heres the optimal setup for what you'll probably want to do with it. I have an amp modeler(jstation) going into the recorder, then i usually run the recorder to my computer. You can only record maybe 1 or 2 tracks or inputs with either of those recorders. Get a digital or analog like 8 or 12 bus mixer. Then you can record live stuff easier, and make a drum kit sound ALOT better. Im in the process of getting the mixer right now. I would say get the the boss digital 4 track and nice mixer. If you have any questions about the boss 4 track or anything else just PM me.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Well I have changed my mind and I am going to fork out a little more money and go with a Fostex VF-16. It has a lot more use then any of the others and I will probably wish that I had bought this one after a few months with anything else.
    Here it is http://www.fostex.com/Products/vf16.html

any comments?