1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice needed on rackmounting my TC Electonic Fireworx and Acousit Image amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jibreel, Jun 14, 2007.

1. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Ok you expert rack mounters :D :D

I need to put my TC Electronic Fireworx effects processor and my Acoustic Image Clarus amp in a case.

I don't want a clunky bulky travel/road case.

I would like it to be as small as possible, rounded edges, carpeted etc.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks much

DSC01010.gif

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seems like your best bet would be a 3-space padded "rack bag" e.g. by Rockbag or Aguilar, and a two-space shelf e.g. by Middle Atlantic, for the AI amp.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    You should probably get a mod to move this to the Amps forum for more advice on a rack case.

I can see why you're having a hard time with this, though - it looks like the amp is only a half-space width unit.

Bongo's shelf idea seems good. I'd definitely pad the sides of that shelf, too, for extra protection.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021