1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice needed - output jack for Warwick Rockbass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jacothedog, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Hi there,

I just bought a Warwick Rockbass on the cheap! (an older one with the one piece bridge) The only thing missing is the output jack.

Does anyone know exactly what I need to buy? I don't even know where to start.

Whatever info is needed to help answer the question, please ask away!

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    It looks like your Rockbass uses a 'barrel type' output jack, this is the style that's mounted on the outside edge of your bass. If your bass is active (uses a battery) then you'll need to buy a stereo jack. The extra contact is not used for stereo output, but to break the ground connection to the battery when the bass is not plugged in. If it's not re-wired properly your bass will work but will "eat" batteries every few days.

The "Switchcraft" brand of jacks is considered to be the best or at least good quality, but ALL barrel jacks will begin to fail after several years' use. That's probably why the original one is missing.

jacothedog likes this.
  3. [QUOTE=" The "Switchcraft" brand of jacks is considered to be the best or at least good quality, but ALL barrel jacks will begin to fail after several years' use. That's probably why the original one is missing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crater! I'll check out Switchcraft. It is not active, but there are 3 wires to connect.