1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice Needed: Paint job on my Epiphone TBird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mvekob, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

As the title says I think I want to re-paint my bass as much as I like the color I really want the bass to scream "me". Now I wonder if there a particular reliable brand of paint or recommendations for this situation? I figure since when I've learned a significant more about playing bass I'd purchase a high end bass. I just think it'd be fun to add a little flare, I was thinking a nice bright orange or even a neon orange. Let me know what you gus think(Orange has been my favorite color since I understand the concept of colors and it's just my jam). Also, any key pointers or videos you could recommend as I plan to do this myself. It seems like a fun project.

2. jason73

jason73

Jan 13, 2014
    There are some videos of painting guitars and passes on the tuber. Some are very informative. Good place to start.

3. ericdanger13

ericdanger13

Oct 30, 2012
    Danbury Ct
    Is it a color finish or a wood grain fish?

4. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    check out reranch.com

5. Reranch has a some good resources. Just take your time and do every step. When you rush it is never a good day in the shop.

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
  7. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Maryland
    I refinished a Squier VM Jazz in Duplicolor Metal Specks "Burnt Copper" with good results. If you want something eye-catching, it'll do the trick. It should be available at many big-box auto parts stores. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405294167.964303.

StreetScenes likes this.
  8. Im gonna do mine soon. Its a gothic. Gonna keep the neck and head flat black, then accentuate the grain with some filler mixed with indian ink. Sand it back, then grey stain it, gradually working out to a black burst. I think it is gonna be seriously boss!

9. May even add some flake to the oil when I clear coat it too. Yummmy