Advice needed: The "Tube-o-lator" (as seen on TV)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by westland, Nov 15, 2005.

1. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    I've been putting off purchasing an all-tube Ampeg SVT because of my bad back. But now it looks like I don't have to worry anymore. I've found the Tube-o-lator

I can now get an all tube sound with cheap Op-amps. The promotional literature says it:

What do others on this forum think? :confused: :confused:

(check out this cool review :cool: )
  2. it looks like they are covering it with wax...i'd be interested in how it sounds...i've been raised in the school of "if its too good to be true, than it probably is" so i am a little skeptical, but it'd be cool if it did work!
  3. tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    This stuff reeks of massive bovine excrement. I have not seen such a pile of bulls**t in one place in years. If they actually told you to put it on the leads, then MAYBE I could see some effect, but just painting the non-conductive plastic? Yeah, right . . . . no connection to the circuit whatsoever . . . sorry, but this one is a pure fantasy ripoff, just looking for a victim.

Maybe try putting a bandaid on the front of your amp - it will have the same connectivity to the circuit electrically, and probably the same net effect . . . .

- Tim
  4. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    ... but, really warm and fuzzy bulls**t ... didn't you read how the company is
    ... :crying: this just makes me go all soft inside .... :crying:
  5. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Anyone notice the link to the $6,000 volume control :D ?
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've never even heard of that company. The site looks fakeish....