1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice on a bass 500-700€

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NunoAparicio, Mar 3, 2013.

1. NunoAparicio

NunoAparicio

Mar 3, 2013
    Portugal
    Hi guys, I was hoping that you could give me some advices for a new bass. I play rock, hard rock, jazz, blues, punk...

As you see on the title, I have a range from 500 to 700€, and I want to be sure I've made the best deal possible. I own a Fender Jazz Bass made in Mexico, but I've had some problems with his neck and weight.

Thanks!

2. NunoAparicio

NunoAparicio

Mar 3, 2013
    Portugal
    anyone?

3. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Your gonna get as many answers as there are members in the forum, with everyone plugging their favorite instrument in that price range.
    The best thing you can do is go to stores and try everything you can to get a feel for what you like.
    My vote goes to a Spector legend classic. Great build quality and sound for the price, IMO.

4. NunoAparicio

NunoAparicio

Mar 3, 2013
    Portugal
    The problem is that I do not have that many music stores where I live, I will buy the bass from musicstore or thomann...

5. MCMLXI

MCMLXI

Feb 9, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    There is a recent FS here on TB for a Fender MIA P-bass that might be in your price range.

Good luck in your search!

6. Are you in Italy? Consider "Jim Reed". I have a BE5 and it is light, comfortable and good quality.

7. NunoAparicio

NunoAparicio

Mar 3, 2013
    Portugal
    No, I'm from Portugal