Advice on cab for metal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thumas, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Thumas

Thumas

Apr 30, 2012
    Just bought and old Peavey T-max amp and need a cab for it.
    Looks like a 4x10 will be a good option for a metal band, i'm on a tight budget and my plans were to order a new peavey or ashdown 4x10.
    I got an offer to buy a used Ebs proline 2x12 for the same price as a new cheap 4x10

Do you think a 2x12 will be a good option for a modern metal band?
    Will use this rig for rehearsal only.

2. Bass Unique

Bass Unique

Nov 3, 2011
    Wiltshire
    I am a big fan of 212 rigs but only if they can deliver. Many will fart out before a 410. However, for rehearsals, I would always take the 212 format before the 410 (provided it is vertically stacked).

Why consider a new Ashdown 410 when the market is flooded with them second hand making them bargains. They are not known for their xmax ability but if you had two 410's stacked, it would still be a very powerful and cheap rig to keep up with any drummer!

3. Thumas

Thumas

Apr 30, 2012
    I live in sweden and can't find much on the used market right now, i don't own a cab right now so i'm kinda in a hurry to get one.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021