advice on cabs for bi amping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Ok I am running an Hartke HA 7000 Into a carvin RL1-18 Wich I Love Now that leaves me with #50 watts @ 4 Ohms for the highs. I am extremely pleased with my carvin 1-18 So I was thinking about a carvin cab for the highs. Now i could get a 4-10 from carvin that is 8 Ohms wich my amp will push 240 watts into it or a 2-10 that is 4.5 ohms (thats what thier page says) and i am not sure quite how much it would be i am guessing like 325 watts or so. Wich do you think would be better i am having some trouble with this one.
  2. I've had both these cabs and they both sound good but I,ve never biamped either.If you are looking for portability the 210 is great and would be loud enough to keep up with the 18.If you need more volume the 410 would deffinitly work.Also the 410 works well by itself without a sub.The 210 is 4ohm and the 410 8ohm so you would get more power to the 210.It's a tough choice but I'm sure both would work great.The only reason I got rid of mine was I wanted more bottom and you already have that. good luck