Advice on either a D.I. pedal or computer interface, with emphasis on a hiss-free headphones out

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TheRealSebTombs, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hello,

At the moment I am using a beginner's Harley Benton D.I. pedal with basic eq and compression. On it, the headphone output is so hiss-prone that it's pretty much unusable. Likewise if I connect it to my iMac through the D.I. or line output.

Does anybody have a recommendation for something around the £150 mark to be able to, first and foremost, practice with headphones in a hiss-free condition – as much as that is possible?

I started looking around and saw the Apogee Jam+ or Focusrite Scarlett interfaces, would these have better headphone outputs than a pre-amp pedal?

Thank you.

2. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have a focusrite 2i2 gen2 running with a 2014 imac and Ableton live. Works great. No buzz from the headphone out.

TheRealSebTombs likes this.
  3. Thank you, impatient me went ahead and ordered a Focusrite Solo which will hopefully yield similar results. I'm always in time to send it back, I figured.

Still, if anybody has further recommendations...

Thank you.