Advice on my potential future rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Apr 18, 2005.

1. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey guys I'd like some advice on what my next rig should be. I've been looking into a low cost, but sturdy, powerful rig. I play mostly punk and metal but I've recently been getting into some funk and jazz, so I'd like some versitility. Heres what I'm thinking: Either a 2x12 or 4x10 Avatar Pro Cab (4 ohm) and I'll match that up with a Kustom Groove 1200. I just read a review for the 1200 and it seems real cheap for so much power and versatility, I figure running it at 4 ohms out of a single cab will be enough power to suffice, and then if I really want to shake some earth I can add a second 4 ohm cab. So what do you guys think?
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Kustom and the Avatar setup is a tone MONSTER! 4 ohms + 4 ohms would = 2 ohms which = 1200 watts! Oh my lord!
  3. I have an 8 ohm Avatar 212 and I'm running it with a QSCPLX 2402 bridged, that's 1500 watts!!!!! It's loud and super clean and really versitile. Give Dave at Avatar a call and ask him if either the 410 or 212 would work best for your situation, he's really helpfull. I really don't think you could go wrong with either.