Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Advice on my potential future rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Apr 18, 2005.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey guys I'd like some advice on what my next rig should be. I've been looking into a low cost, but sturdy, powerful rig. I play mostly punk and metal but I've recently been getting into some funk and jazz, so I'd like some versitility. Heres what I'm thinking: Either a 2x12 or 4x10 Avatar Pro Cab (4 ohm) and I'll match that up with a Kustom Groove 1200. I just read a review for the 1200 and it seems real cheap for so much power and versatility, I figure running it at 4 ohms out of a single cab will be enough power to suffice, and then if I really want to shake some earth I can add a second 4 ohm cab. So what do you guys think?

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

The Kustom and the Avatar setup is a tone MONSTER! 4 ohms + 4 ohms would = 2 ohms which = 1200 watts! Oh my lord!

3. I have an 8 ohm Avatar 212 and I'm running it with a QSCPLX 2402 bridged, that's 1500 watts!!!!! It's loud and super clean and really versitile. Give Dave at Avatar a call and ask him if either the 410 or 212 would work best for your situation, he's really helpfull. I really don't think you could go wrong with either.