1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice on new Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snakeisdrowned, Sep 23, 2008.

1. snakeisdrowned

snakeisdrowned

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm looking to replace my first and only bass which is extremely cheap and poor quality. I play mostly pop-ish bluesy rock. I can only spend around 600 australian. Several guitars have seemed appealing, such as the ESP LTD B154. But im a bit unsure of buying a stereotypically 'metal' bass when the music i play is rather unmetal.

suggestions/opinions for what to buy?

2. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I don't know how much they would be in Aus, but it would be hard to go too far wrong with a Fender MIM Precision or Jazz.

3. millerfreak

millerfreak

Jun 29, 2008
    man, go for squier vintage modified jazzbass. i live in sydney, bought that bass at shire music centre for 480 and it plays good.. seriously. and you can save that 120$ for either pickups on ebay or new bridge. tada!

4. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    +1000000000000000000000000000, though you might find some excellent non-Fenderish basses in that price range if it's not your cup of tea, like an OLP or an Ibanez or something. I do suggest getting something you can easily mod or get modded (or you just plainly love the sound of).