Advice on purchase, Eden Or Swr

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjamn, Jun 1, 2003.

1. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco

I am planning a new amp head purchase and so far i am planning to purchase a SWR 550x or a Eden WT550 -- Mainly because they are similar in wattage and would suit my needs nicely for the size of places i play.

I've played SWR over the years and use Zon 5 strings, so do like the tone of swr amps, but have not had a chance to try the Eden -- but there seems to be a lotta buzz about these babies

So whatcha all think about the pros and cons of each amp? Thanks for the help!
  2. Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Just a little feedback:
    I just sold my SWR Bass350 head to finance my WT550 head. I think that the Eden has a more tube sound, but the SWR is more hifi. First thing I noticed was that the SWR had less hiss with the treble up but that became irrelevant because the SWR fan would kick in quickly. Although I had the SWR in a light SKB case you can't compare it to slinging the Eden in a gig bag over your shoulder. Bottom line is I think they do sound different but I like the Eden for portability and it's sound. You should try to hear them side by side.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  4. philtypeguy

Jul 11, 2002
    Asheville, NC
    I play a zon sonus 5 and I switched from an SWR 350 to an Eden wt-800. The difference is amazing, my tone is so much more rich and full. Go with the Eden for sure.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    of the 2 I'd look harder at Eden... but would definately A/B it against an Ashdown ABM and/or Mag :D