Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

advice on this possible setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hetsscaryguy, Jun 12, 2004.

1. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    hi im thinkin of buyin a decent rig for playin in a band oer the summer. i think i know what im getting: the head will be a behringer 3000t ultrabass 300w at 4ohms and then for cabs im going to get ashdown mag cabs because i dont have a whole lot of money to spend. but this is where i need advice should i get a mag 4x10 AND a mag 1x15 or would the 4x10 be enough on its own to compete with a guitarist with a 4x12 half stack, another guitarist not sure what amp they have and a loud drummer. the 4x10 is rated at 8ohms so i will only get the half amount of power or whatever but would that amount be enough for me to compete with the above mentioned or will i have to get the 1x15 also at 8oms and use all 300w of power. please dont say get the 1x15 unless i really need it coz like i said i dont have that much money to spend and id rather not get the 1x15 at this point unless it is neccessary. i will get one though if we get good and start gigging. so what do you think, both cabs or just the 4x10?

2. You can get the 4x10 first and add a cab later if you think you need it. With that said I think you will need it.

3. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    thanks. yeah i thought id need it