Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

advice on used pedulla thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by permadave, Jan 12, 2005.

1. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello All,
    I am considering buying a used Pedulla Thunderbolt 5 string from on online auction. The seller is local to me in Atlanta so I'm trying to arrange a time that I can see the bass in person, due to my leariness about buying guitars from the internet. This should circumvent any sort of scam I imagine (if I buy it in person) I am looking to spend around 1,000. Is that a fair price if its in decent condition? Any advice as far as price and potential major problems to look for and how to spot them?

Thanks!

2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    That price seems to be in the ballpark for a used one. I've seen some go for more and some for less on Ebay. You may want to try and get the serial number before you go to see the bass. You can then go to www.pedulla.com and find out when the bass was made. The older models have three knobs (volume/pickup pan/tone). The newer ones have an improved Bartolini preamp and four knobs(volume/pickup pan/bass boost/cut and treble boost/cut.) I don't think there are any special problems to look out for. Just give it a good inspection. Pedulla basses are amazing and the finishes are pretty robust if properly cared for (unlike the ones you typically see in GC). I love mine and I'm sure you'll be happy if you decide to buy it. Let us know how you make out.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Seems like a good price to me :)

4. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello All,
    Thanks for the advice!
    I ended up getting it and its pretty sweet. Had to replace the bass tone knob is all. After that, rock n roll! :bassist: